10/3/08

Perspective

I was thinking that we all are constantly learning, no matter what our age. As we learn, we go from the start of I am interested in this, to learning more about it, to participating and getting experience with it, to sharing it, to teaching it. Everytime you start or join a program, you sort of follow these steps. At each step what you say and how you interact about it changes. I was thinking that from the start we should talk and act as if we were an expert. It doesn't mean we are, but it would reduce the number of wrong turns we make along the way. What started this train of thought was my excitement that occurred when I made my first online sale and actually received real money. I wanted to share that excitement with everybody. And then as more money rolls in, I just expect it and it is no big deal. The goal changes in order for me to get excited. I received $100 in one day, I received $1000 in one day, etc. We share those experiences, but it is difficult to identify with that excitement if you are only receiving $10 a week. So ask yourself the question "How would I behave if I were receiving $100 a day?" Act and talk as if you have achieved your goal. Examine what you are about to do and say with the question "Would I do it this way if I had acheived that goal?" Your perspective is from where you want to be, not where you are.

No comments: